Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Div Yields on site is wrong!

JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
PSG, case in point. Div Yield reflected on OST currently is 4% which in fact is just the latest 80c divi as % of price, yet an annual yield is closer to 7% because of the interim divi. Im aware that payouts or not definite but if a company has never missed its 2 payments a year then surely you should be reflecting the historical annual divi yield including both payouts?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
Hi. I noticed the same thing recently with Cashbuild .. do a comparison. CSB, after their Interim Dividend Announcement on the 17th of March this year of 101 cents per share the DY was amended to reflect 2.06% down from 3.91%, but by the 25th of March it showed the correct DY of 4.24%. If you look under Share Discussions and CSB I posted about this phenomena, but I can only assume nobody knows the answer as I got no replies to my question. I can only imagine this is a computer generated figure? I suspect in a few days the DY for your instrument will include the present and historical dividend for the full year, assuming that the Company declares Dividends twice per year? (Note: If you take SBK's OST it shows the correct DY over the period mentioned for CSB, but my Charting Software states the lower DY for the period 18/03 up to 25/03?).
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
i"ve noticed the same thing for several shares. seems as if the EY and PE figures don't update daily but rather over periods. couldn't be sure
0 Kudos