Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dividend or Interest Payment for GRT

Not applicable
Simon, Could you please clarify the dividend or interest payment on GRT? Although being labeled as a dividend on corporate actions, this payment has obviously been taken as an interest payment? The last payment for GRT actually had a very small dividend portion and the rest interest, but in Corporate actions was clearly set out as such. What is the position on this last payment? Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Picky
Regular Contributor
GRT : Linked Unit of 1 ord of 5c + 10 debs of 250c each . debentures pay interest
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Picky, but I was talking about the payment on the linked units if the option was not taken up. Would you know about that? There has been both dividend and interest payment in the past.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sens will detail which was what ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon. Have read through the sens again and see that indeed there is a dividend component which is not reflected under my dividends. It states:- Notice is hereby given of final dividend declaration number 46 of 0,058 cents and debenture interest payment number 46 of 58,242 cents per linked unit totalling 58,3 cents per linked unit for the SIX months ended 30 June 2009, Well, seeing the dividend only works out at 10c for the number of shares I have, OST have obviously disregarded it, but I hope that clients with a whole bunch of shares received their dividend portion!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah .. you got the 10c .. check the record entry .. COMBI. INT+DIV **** GROWPNT .. calculate number of GRT's times total payment and it equals same ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
further .. the fact that they are linked together is wrong and is a JSE data feed which we have requested be corrected to reflect seperately as there are seperate tax treatments ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tax certainly is important. Hope they get it split to reflect correctly. I'm sure my dividend portion is correct, but just difficult to work out oneself for such a small amount not knowing how many decimal points have been used or whether they round up or down. However, for 10c can't say I'm having sleepless nights!, but just nice to know that things are done correctly. So thanks for going into it for me.
0 Kudos