Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dividend

KVW
Super Contributor
If it is the last LTD today, does the price usually go up early or later in the day, if at all?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
theyoungster
Super Contributor
this one is gonna reach new lows soon OMO,, its on strong downtrend for the last few weeks
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
It is my understanding that the price would be expected to go down the next trading day after LDT (i.e. If you want the dividend you must not trade the share today). Is this correct?
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Stores I agree with you on that one, but shouldn't it go up on the LTD especially when it's well paying div. And wrt the downward trend, the 15Day MA is about to cross and the share has support at 23000 so it should bounce soon, maybe only to the 26000 mark.
0 Kudos
bilow
Contributor
Recommend a tight stop loss I also expected a steady rise over the last few days in view of the dividend. Volume also low today, it could move either way. The previous dividend in March this year it dropped R15.00 after LDT.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
The share usually caters for the div, when it is announced and not on the ldt. If there is price movement on the day (ldt) it is on speculation not for the div.
0 Kudos