Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do I Hold or Sell

Enzed
Frequent Contributor
I bought Famous Brands a couple of years ago at 2120. It peaked at 4379. Current price is 3940.About 11% off the high. Same with Mr Price.Bought a couple of years ago at 2873.High was 6640 . Now 5925 - about 12 % off the high. Both are part of my Long Term portfolio. If I sell I face CG Tax at best or Income Tax at worst. Should I buy or hold. And if hold - when when should I sell - what would be my trigger?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Terra
Super Contributor
If you need the money for season tickets at Loftus.....SELL!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
What was your e it strategy when you bought ?? Your answer lies there, even if the answer is 'don't know' ..
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Enzed, what do u expect from the 2 shares over the next year or 2. If you hold u will get the divvie even if the share price don't move much. Also, what r u going to invest the money in if u sell? Lots of shares r looking expensive out there.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Enzed, well spotted. Those 2 shares are on my radar for possibly buying. Enjoy the divs and keep them, unless you know of another share that is more worthwile, please do share!
0 Kudos
MNV
New Contributor
Both shares have had good runs, but i still think they hold good value -
0 Kudos