Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do analysts that make mistakes ever resign due to non-performance?

Fredsed
Super Contributor
Its not often that a confession of assumption error occurs, but here is a rare one from this very site "In January this year, we were of the view drivers of the gold price in 2009 and 2010 would begin to decline and, under these circumstances, we foresaw a pull-back in the gold price over the following two years before resuming its upward trend. We were wrong."? This observation is aimed at steering price expectations lower, yet again. If this repeat attempt to call down the gold price also proves to be wrong will there be a follow up whereby the "analyst" resigns for being so doff?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
Spoken by the loser who was too 'doff' to make informed decisions based on his own research and observations. By the same loser who repeatedly appears to ignore the oft spoken advise 'Do your own research' - and again by the same loser who also appears to ignore the disclaimers written at the end of every report, that these are the opinions (read that again! Opinions!) of the analyst concerned. Surely by now you will have come to the realization that for every opinion advocating a buy, there is a similar one advocating sell? Or are so stupid that you only see what you want to see?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
My my, touchy touchy. Take a deep breath, hold it, hold it, just keep holding it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nothing touchy at all boet - just venting my scorn and disgust at a person who has no opinions of his own, other than blanket sceptisism of everyone else's. Your contributions to this forum are wortheless, and if we could vote someone off the island, I recon it would be you.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
We? Now just who might we be? that would be you, yourself and the rest of your idle accounts? Drumming up business from the newbies eh? Come to chartist, come to chartist, pay subscription, he is wonderful, see how he makes millions, thats why he needs your subscriptions. Gullible is what you want. Rant on chartist, bring on the rest of your dead account characters and have an orgy. Meanwhile I will set up a blog where people can guess which characters comprise your gameplay here and which ones have been duped already.
0 Kudos
no_money
Contributor
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
skaaptjop - your'e feeding his frenzy. We can't vote him off but we can certainly ignore his dribble. just cut him out!!
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Hi there Freddie, my boy, looks like Mommy once again put too much bath salts in your bath tub.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
hi freddie. im game to join your blog. im a big fan of yours. please post more. ive made good profits just following your tips. but really hows your mom ?? i havnt seen her at her usual place at the street corner for a LONG time. i miss the old bird. did she get new teeth put in ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And eventually the Chartist arose to his own website from whence he will return one day. And in his absence the Anti-Chartist will rule the OST and everyone who do not have the mark on their foreheads (FS) will be flamed by the uber-troll (built from the parts of lesser trolls). BTW, FS does not stand for _ucking _tupid, but _red_ed.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Who said the best form of defence is attack? But from the gutter eh? Childish eh? Don't hold back. Lets have more for this psychosis analysis - it is prime study material for 3rd year.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Could I call a time-out on the Fred vs the universe argument? It's not really helping any of us in any way. Let's just try reset the relationship and move on.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
yes please , the only reason i wake up in the mornings is to read freddies comments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why spoil the fun? He clearly takes us back to our baser selves.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
We ? Us ? Would be sad except for the intent to delude and the personal profit motive that you have failed to hide. We, on the other hand, are generating some useful analysis and trait markers for broad based application.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I have no intention what so ever of hiding my profit motive. I am in this business to make money. What on earth would i be doing investing & trading if I did not intend to make money?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Skaap, you cant be Nigerian...eh eh eh
0 Kudos
Not applicable
with a pseudonym like skaaptjop, what do you think?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
personal profit motive? Next thing you'll be calling me a capitalist, and then I'll really be insulted.
0 Kudos