Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do any of you know?

john_1
Super Contributor
A site that offers some kind of back testing, historic data or some kind of automated trading software?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
in USA, TDAmeritrade has a thing called StrategyDesk, you can run TA on it and even create a program trading system which does live trades for you.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Amibroker, but it's a seperate component you need to purchase. Not expensive though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
see my problem is they mention code and it already over my head
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Check this out - http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/strategydesk.html - maybe a formula or two, but mostly those EMA/Stochastics/TA things, but not much other code...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
FXCM in the UK has a platform you can hook a C# application into, and the beauty is you can play on the demo platform until the app is thoroughly tested. Now just to find the time to write the app.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They have an AFL library as long as my arm and a site where you can post your formula for others to view and rectify.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
if (DayJob==C#)
{result = 'no problem'}
else
{result = 'find another platform!'}
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
John, you trade with IG? They have this feature under their advanced charts. Not a lot of programming required, just some logic to construct the rules ie buy 2% of account value when ma cross.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
www.powerstocks.co.za. They test it first before they let you use it!
0 Kudos