Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do any of you know?

Highlighted
Super Contributor
A site that offers some kind of back testing, historic data or some kind of automated trading software?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
in USA, TDAmeritrade has a thing called StrategyDesk, you can run TA on it and even create a program trading system which does live trades for you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Amibroker, but it's a seperate component you need to purchase. Not expensive though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
see my problem is they mention code and it already over my head
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Check this out - http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/strategydesk.html - maybe a formula or two, but mostly those EMA/Stochastics/TA things, but not much other code...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
FXCM in the UK has a platform you can hook a C# application into, and the beauty is you can play on the demo platform until the app is thoroughly tested. Now just to find the time to write the app.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
They have an AFL library as long as my arm and a site where you can post your formula for others to view and rectify.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
if (DayJob==C#)
{result = 'no problem'}
else
{result = 'find another platform!'}
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
John, you trade with IG? They have this feature under their advanced charts. Not a lot of programming required, just some logic to construct the rules ie buy 2% of account value when ma cross.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
www.powerstocks.co.za. They test it first before they let you use it!
0 Kudos