Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do you ever.......

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Do you ever favour products from companies that you own shares in? eg. Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling buying from Mr Price knowing you own part of the company, or do you buy shares in Mr Price so that you don't HAVE to shop there! I know I get all warm and fuzzy supporting my own!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I was wondering why my portfolio consists solely of BAT, SAB and DST. Thanks for the answer & could you suggest any others that would compliment my lifestyle.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
my shareholding and my purchases are not related in any way. If I owned MrP, all that would matter to me is that other people are buying from them and that they run a solid outfit. I own Shoprite, but i shop at PnP :/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I certainly get a warm and fuzzy feeling after a bottle or two of fine wine, finished off with a few glasses of Amarula over ice. Then again that may not be the result of holding a little Distell...ag the warm fuzzy feeling is still lekka though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
yip i love watching the ques streaming out of pick n pay & checkers this time of year knowing that i own a small ammount hehe
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
I do think that one will buy a share a little easier based on pure emotion because you recognise a certein brand (whether you use it or not) and not only on pure fundamentals (which you should be doing). Emotions are very strong and can also be very dangerous. I am off to go and support Famous Brands for lunch, it is Whacky Wednesday at Steers after all!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
While you are there, can you please smoke about 300,000 cigarettes?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Make sure they are BAT brands though, we don't want the illegal cigs sold that lead to some oke buying guns to hi-jack a speechless person somewhere ;-)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Comair won't allow me to light up inside a plane, besides security keep on confiscating my 'smokes'
0 Kudos