Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Do you ever.......

Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Do you ever favour products from companies that you own shares in? eg. Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling buying from Mr Price knowing you own part of the company, or do you buy shares in Mr Price so that you don't HAVE to shop there! I know I get all warm and fuzzy supporting my own!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I was wondering why my portfolio consists solely of BAT, SAB and DST. Thanks for the answer & could you suggest any others that would compliment my lifestyle.
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
my shareholding and my purchases are not related in any way. If I owned MrP, all that would matter to me is that other people are buying from them and that they run a solid outfit. I own Shoprite, but i shop at PnP :/
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I certainly get a warm and fuzzy feeling after a bottle or two of fine wine, finished off with a few glasses of Amarula over ice. Then again that may not be the result of holding a little Distell...ag the warm fuzzy feeling is still lekka though.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
yip i love watching the ques streaming out of pick n pay & checkers this time of year knowing that i own a small ammount hehe
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
I do think that one will buy a share a little easier based on pure emotion because you recognise a certein brand (whether you use it or not) and not only on pure fundamentals (which you should be doing). Emotions are very strong and can also be very dangerous. I am off to go and support Famous Brands for lunch, it is Whacky Wednesday at Steers after all!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
While you are there, can you please smoke about 300,000 cigarettes?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Make sure they are BAT brands though, we don't want the illegal cigs sold that lead to some oke buying guns to hi-jack a speechless person somewhere ;-)
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Comair won't allow me to light up inside a plane, besides security keep on confiscating my 'smokes'
0 Kudos