Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dog --SAL

spacy
Contributor
During the six months ended 31 December 2006 operations at Sallies failed to achieve budgeted production and as a consequence the company requires re-financing to fund a working capital shortfall This from the SENS. How servere does this affect us. I hope this is not going to be another dog.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Russ
Super Contributor
Weak short term,strong long term-OAF(only a feeling).
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I also think this is just a short term weakness. I have been and still am buying in at current levels. Yes, it will probably be a couple of months before we see it up at the 140 levels again, but i do believe this is still a good company and a good share to hold, albeit now more for the medium term than short term.
0 Kudos
Gold_Guru
Contributor
Is this a buying opportunity?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
For the time being nothing indicates that it's going to turn.
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
With all due respect, nothing indicated that Wesizwe (WEZ) was going to run either.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so why did wez run?
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
My feeling is that it was sparked by the recent offers for platinum juniors (Afplats, Eastplats) - WEZ is one of the few tradable indepedants.
0 Kudos
TJB
Contributor
SAL IMO is good for medium - long term. One to four share offer to share holders due to take place in about 6 weks from now and after that IMO u will see an upward swing for SAL. Good buy in time now and with SXR takeover on the cards in the near future and given SXR's movements and future SAL looks very promising in the future.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
An SXR takeover on the cards in the near future? Where did you find this info? Why would SXR take over SAL?
0 Kudos