Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dog

Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If the collar fits...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
South African banking group Standard Bank (SBK) has been recognised as the Best Investment Bank in China for 2011/2012. This was announced at the recent China Outbound Investment Summit 2012‚ held in Beijing. - This is a pretty "kick-@ss" achievement if you ask me. If there is any place in the world where you want this label it's China. Well done SBK !!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well..it doesn't hurt their chances that they have a hefty chinese investment. They have been dumping their overseas investments apparently to focus on Africa. These "awards" are meaningless from an investment poiny of view. Personally - I can see no reason to buy our big 4 banks at this point; BUT I speak from an investment point of view. Tders will have their own views.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Should read: "Chinese investor." Also: just to be clear - this is not for any investment in CHINA! It's for work in salvaging STD's toxic position in METOREX and selling it at a knockdown price to CHINA; for sinking funds into comrade Ramaphosa's Shanduka and securing a BEE partnership in South Africa for CHINA; and for work in Nigeria to propagate the Renminbi in Africa for CHINA. So the label is really pretty meaningless. These were all to the benefit of China - so that is all this is about. It has nothing to do with Standard Bank's performance for, or value to her shareholders.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Thanks for clearing that up.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
By the way, I'm not propagating buying big 4 banks right now. They're in historic terms expensive.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Saw on E-TV , the sheriff of the court ,executing an attachment order against Absa. They (the Red Scorpions) were busy loading a fleet of trucks ,with furniture being removed from Absa Head Office. This follows a judgement by the courts against Absa,
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
there you are: the dog
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Good call!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
What they're not mentioning is " We've lost a shaite load of customers to FNB and Capitec", but excuses will always be discreet as to not jeopardize the Exec's bonuses. This hidden retrenchment policy of their's and related PR disaster is also a result of what they've seen coming for some time now.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
ASA is on strong support right now.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Agreed but the monthly RSI is diverging negatively. Its a wait and see game.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I wonder what their personal loan book looks like in respect of bad or troublesome loans?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't see any divergence.Divergence from what?
0 Kudos