Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dog

sponono
Super Contributor
Banking dog!
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
What would you call SBK?
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
in boots?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Depends on your time surely. Up over 240% in my club watchlist - sure its over a while and others have kicked its butt. But still. I rather have SBK and FSR, very simply cause I bank with them, so at least I get something back from a dividend - ultra basic and maybe not the best.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Honestly guys - the banks have been dogs for 30 years. Stop listening to the analysts that keep telling you to buy "their" shares. How can they be exciting? They are what they are.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Capitec?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Capitec was not (and largely still "is not") a full-blown bank. Her growth stemmed from the boring nature of the mainstream banks. A somewhat arbitrary and certainly spurios comment, RAMs.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
spurious - check before posting.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yours or mine?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yours - pretty much always are.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Oh - and I meant "dog" not dog. It's all relative.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you think too much...and your bias just permeates your analysis... now you are insulting the banks... and to top it all, you call Capitec a quasi bank and a "dog"!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
All you have to do is check the 52 week high list for banks and you will find FSR and RMH consistently. ASA is up 10% YTD RMB and FSR 30 STXFINI 20%
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And you, as always, can't read the facts. Probably because you think too little. I never called the banks dogs, the thread originator did. I said "dogs." Clearly indicating that I differ. As for what I said about Capitec - how do you come up with this nonsense? As for bias - thinking too mutch implies an attempt overcome such factors. Try thinking, RAMs - you might find you enkoy it. Hell - you may even be good at it.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In fact - READ - I said CAPITEC is different and hence not a "dog." Wake up boetjite. This isn't even fun if you can't follow the argument. And we want it to be FUN!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Incidentallw - what is this story about thinking too much? I assume it is about traders vs investors again. A trader thinks ahead of his moves. He still has to think. There is no "too much."
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
While we are on banking, did Merchantile delist?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I wouldn't exactly call SBK a dog. They have got a lot going for them elswhere in the world while all the rest of the local banks fight over the SA bone. http://business.iafrica.com/personal-finance/banking/801431.html
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos