Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Domain Traders

theyoungster
Super Contributor
As with everything in life, if something becomes in short supply and there is a demand for it,,it increases in value....one of the quickest capital appreciation i've ever seen is website domains...there are so many arbitrage trading opportunities out there example: bought a domain name for $10 I sold it a week ago for $300, anyone else running a 3000% profit margin? incase anyone doesnt know what a domain is: its the name between the www. and .com, was thinking i should start a little enterprise do this..who would be interested in investing in something like this?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
theyoungster
Super Contributor
simon im also interested on your opinion is a domain seen as an asset?, and if you buy it and sell it for more what king of tax regulations is it seen under?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea on tax ..

thing is new versions always coming on stream .. and people can change, I started a website and wanted a certain website name, somebody else wanted it so I just moved around until I found one that nobody had taken .. an if youu take brand names domains you're in for a lawyer letter .. but at the end of the day it can work, I have sold a few but have bought tons, so in profit but not massively .. and frankly most gone, all 3 and 4 letter domains gone .. not just words, but all are gone ..
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
yep most are gone and i dont think the internet is going anywhere soon.... you can value .com .org ect.. sites at www.estibot.com...but dont you think after we use all the logical words as domain there will develope a market?? im talking more on the international front
0 Kudos