Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dominion no Bre-X, says Uranium One executive

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
TSX- and JSE-listed Uranium One's stricken Dominion project near Klerksdorp has been compared to the Bre-X scandal in the mid-1990s, which led to a geologist's death, and the production problems at the mine could stem from sampling blunders, a geology professor said on Monday.

full article http://www.miningweekly.co.za/article.php?a_id=128807
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fronman must be made accountable. It really is quite unacceptable that he is allowed to resign without paying back the 30 million Rand he took for himself from this company. Fronman and those responsible should be brought to book.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
given the circumstances, it strikes me as an odd thing to say that "the person in charge went to the same school as everybody else".
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The Kebble school of salting ore bodies and lying to share houlders we know them best as "cheats" OMO
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
amaryllis
Occasional Contributor
Well, Sheriff bought another whack of UUU shares yesterday - why would he do this if Dominion was another Bre-X? I can't think that anybody would spend more than C$100 000 trying to "cover-up" suspicious activities - actually more than C$200 000 if you include waht he bought the other day.
0 Kudos