Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Don't Predict Just Respond (DPJR)

venice
Super Contributor
What a ridiculous week that was. Mining stocks going mental even though there is no power. Fibonacci's 50% retracement se moer. Basically its weeks like this that created the term "playing" the stock market. Nostradamus would have been dizzy. I made money, not as much as I could have but no losses either an excellent week in all but DAMN. If I had been waiting to predict which direction to take and been bogged down in over analysing I would have not done very well. The market has been totally unpredictable IMO very tradeable but not predictable. It just reinforced to me that you should never predict a market, it gives you a bias in a direction and therfore a trading direction which is often wrong in this kind of volatile market. The market is irrational end of story and hence my new motto DPJR.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
org
Super Contributor
Best is my recipe: wait for stocks to become overbought, then short them for the downleg.then jump out again. see www.nostradamuscode.com
0 Kudos