Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dont wanna sound rude

org
Super Contributor
Cant believe people actually bought stocks like Kumba and mittal at these ridiculously high prices, at PE ratios over 30...I wonder how many guys actually look at the graphs before buying...or shoud they go into an ASYLUM...i mean, really guys, would ou pay R20 for a bread..
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
If no one buys then you wouldn't been able to sell therefore you couldn't even go short. In my opinion this oakies are there for long term purposes so they don't care if the prices pull back for weeks as long as they get in.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
lots of people have shorted acl and came short i got out at 200 thinking that it had run its course and then ran up to 250 so its sounds like a good short at the moment but i wont take that chance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what do you think of platinum shares? Do you have any opinion? Especially exploration companies such as Wesizwe. Would like to hear your views, thanks
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
lokks like wesizwe blew its top somewhere in 1997 and is now trailing sideways, looks like a short term buy now, just follow the stochastics.but i doudt if they make a profit, so they will continue to spike and go down again.i folow the advice at www.gold-eagle.com, tech analysis section, those guys are mostly correct.check it out.yes stocks can easily double or triple n a bull market before going down again.Just wait for that crazy spike before shorting...
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
if a share is bullish, make money on the easy side of the trend not the other. making money short can work but boy do you have to be quick before the sideliners rush in. OMO from experience.
0 Kudos
riverside
Occasional Contributor
It makes no sense at these PE's to invest in these companies. Clearly these stocks are over priced. Compare this to the PE of the banking stocks of about 7.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hate to say this but PEs are only good for comparative purposes,WITHIN A SECTION.Mines could be in a ramp up phase or certain metals could be running.In America ceratin oil exploration company shares steadily increase in price ,never going to pay dividends and run on astronomical PEs.Now banks even at the low PE of around four does not mean that they are a bargain.Now if how ever u compare the four largest banks then the PE can tell u which is a bargain amongt the four ,always must be used with other indicators and basic knowledge of the share calender.For example if it is coming up for a dividend payment,market updates,chart movements etc.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
price earnings???? how long are u investing? are your traders or fundamentalists? and org, as I have stressed before...how bout you make your opinion oh?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
The people buying are the ETF's who have to buy the index components in the correct ratio, and the pension funds and unit trusts who also have to invest your pension in something, might as well be with blue chips and those that can oay dividends.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
acl not looking bad.high PE or not.
0 Kudos
Guardian
Contributor
Some guys will buy high depending on their individual cut off price. It may seem ridicules but for them, they are increasinging their quantity and still sitting in the green. They also try to create a trend sending out vibes that something good is happenning "within" and the gullable ones are sucked in.... Just the way I see it.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Look at both funamentals and technicals, these shares almost went vertical, off course its not sustainable.Technicals are more accurate.Just look at MACD, it tells you when the top is in.I bet most ous were caught by Anglo's pullback....let us hear from you...
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
see rense.com for alternative news
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Agree with u bout the MACD,a very good indicator in the green and when its widening!
0 Kudos