Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dow at key level

Not applicable
The Dow rallied up to a significant resistance last night at around 13450...a good close above it would have been better for the bulls...
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Hi Chartist. Do you suspect some downside today or just more volatility? I suspect the market may take me out today... I hold TOPABN.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
dow futures look like they will open down today, so me thinks that market will follow this at open. Currently at -0.37%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes...we may still have a crack at that level today which will mean a massive end of day rally if we just retreat from that resistance expect significantly more downside for September.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the dow has just bounced off a trendline established since 17 August...so we should see another crack at that resistance.....
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Chartist, is DAX not leading the way for us?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no no longer...I am doing a vid which I will post...fireworks this afternoon!
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
fireworks? O dear, hope it doesn't blow up in my face..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I dont see it Chartist, what are you expecting, some kind of rally.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I dont see it Chartist, what are you expecting, some kind of rally.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes ....am I mad...the blind leading the blind? .....http://www.screencast.com/t/mWTsjbIh
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Could not watch vid not enough band width,
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well there is your rally- to the downside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
great buyimg opp at 25890
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me own reading slightly different - but essentially with Chartist here. Think the DJ showing signs of strength, as long as it keeps trading above 132.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
why. I know I not going to be long over night.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Looks like its gonna get ugly!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip...said it was a key level.....and seems we are gonna close below the low of the two previous high bars...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, dude, I only use levels based on support n' resistance. Fib sounds, like, da Vinci code, but they really correlate with support and resistance - there's very little difference, cept you has a tool to help out. Basically, it works mostly becaws its based on the psyc levels of the market. It tells you where the levels of support an resistance lie. It means you can park your own emotions and follow the trends, like a girl cow in a stampede - jes go with the herd. Awl you have to do is pack it into your own timeframe (which, frankly, is the hard bit).
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Gravy. I agree. it is all about time frames/ risk * oppitunty cost= return
0 Kudos