Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dow dow, dow dum..

Not applicable
So any takers that now that this puppy is finally looking to test 1160's as the futures seem to be showing..? Drum roll please..
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Wizard
Super Contributor
There was someone that said "It's raining pianos" the last time there was a sell off. This time I'm there to cash in!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah dont want to say too much, when a couple of us on this forum said thats what we foresaw (and that was only an opinion) we were shot down as doomsayers, but there you have it, nough said.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sorry the band has left the building, this is not ####ing Titanic !
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah John but at least the Titanic had its lights on when it went down.lol
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Wasent there a saying "going down singing hyms"?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yeah but both will have people jumping out of windows before we are done.. apparently huge bonus were paid at Bear Sterns in January. This is shamefull.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well that's how politics work! Ben saved his friends at Bear at the expense of the tax payers! ie. The middle class Americans got screwed! It's shameful, but the world doesn't run on the textbook of morals! We did it here when the JSE fired half the staff and management got themselves huge bonuses!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Gravy,are you going long TBS off support again ie.now?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Nice spot Russ, I think it may be worth a punt . . . tight stop at 126.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
SAP at 95 too. Now, how suicidal do we all feel. SBK too.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sappi is MM's top pick for the day that and shoprite.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm taking a small punt on tbs.Already long sbk.Still watching har and gfi greedily too.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
all the banks are cheap but might get even cheaper, the fundamentals have not changed since last week on our banks so yes looking very tasty and i always wonder at the investors selling off their shares cheaply.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
assulym, that's not really an accurate representation. Difference between somebody pointing out structual issues which have been real and disscusses for the last 3-5 years. The other side was the "end of the world is now" posting which appear. The latter may have been right - eventually, but so is a broken watch - twice a day. Trading is not about being right eventually, it's about being right at teh right time, and while that watch was being right every 12 hours, there was loads of money to be made on the bull side.

either ways enjoy ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Million dollar question is: When Ben cuts rates again tomorrow, will I make more money off my current long position in gold or a quick dabble in SBKSBM? Or a combination of both? Decisions, decisions.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no sure Simon i agree whole heartedly but at the time we were asked our view and that all it was a view point, but some forumites thought their view was more valid and started shooting down the different opinions, so if you dont want a contradicting opinion to yours dont ask for one, but dont ask for an opinion and then shoot it down because you dont agree, and it has nothing to do with being right or wrong, now stop whining and go buys some SBK shares.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
asylum, we're talking past each other here. Having a view is different to putting a trade on, and that's what I am saying. The US housing market was always going to get nasty one way or another, issue was how did one trade? we've discussed this before, tarde the price not your bias . now I am off for a surf so we'll reconven later .
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Wardog - i'm with you on the SBKSBM. Ride the interest cut announcement wave. Kowa bunga!
0 Kudos