Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dow futures

KPnewbie
Contributor
I know this was discussed before, but does a red future mean a positive open and vice versa. I see that the Dow future was green for a while now on Bloomberg
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Electrox
Super Contributor
nothing is set in stone.. i wouldnt let it influence me anyway.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well there is never a guarantee on anything. But if it is minor (20 -35 pimts) in the red the likely green open is higher but might not stay there long or will dip into red and then return to green later on. The futher in the red less chance of green open or if it does not going to hold green very long. Vise verse also true ... but again Mr Market has its own rules. Take yesterday. Great day for longs and I thought the Feds keeping low interest was a good thing for the moment. Market decided NO NO NO...so you never know.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what I was saying was nothing about dirrection all I was saying is a gree pre-open means the futures and cash are out of sinc and that will re-align...that gap close will mean a move in the opp dirrection to the momnetum of the morning that created that gap---it can be very short lived having no effect on out market or change the dirrection of our market completely.
0 Kudos