Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Down 5%

Wizard
Super Contributor
The best thing u can hope is a bounce. MTX was always a story of it following the markets. I'm not sure what strategy u going to follow. but u need to get out of it ASAP. I sold everything in the middle of August.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Read it slowly because i'm saying it slowly.........Do not trade without stop losses!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes I saw that... it was big day...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
topix 100% correct unless you want to hold until kingdom come. you hear it all the time, its to late to get rid of these as i will have to sell at huge loss. The one lesson and if its the only one you learn this year is to cut your losses before they become a huge loss, make no mistake i done the same thing, but i have learnt from it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
For people that are so fond or THE DETAILED FORECAST the "CONSENSUS" MARKS IT AS A "BUY! " and Standard marks it as a HOLD....After an Alert some time back i sold out.In only my opinion i do think this share will come back.I think there is something about the Congo operations that we are not being exactly updated on.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ever heard of the trading term "Don't catch falling knifes" - Very suitable for this share. Like I mentioned before - It's a speculators wet dream. I'll definitely be looking at getting some MTX once the following pre requisitions are met: The stock stops falling. If it bounces make sure it's not a dead cat bounce - it needs to consolidate for a few days, weeks and form support before it starts moving up. I will then start watching the copper price very closely as to get a low risk entry point. Until then, all you guys not believing in stop losses, keep pulling those long arm bandits. Adios.
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
(why i sold my mtx). as the rand gets stronger the share will go down. if the copper goes below $3900t mtx share will go up. they into a contract that end sep 2010 to sell for $3900t. if copper goes up mtx shares go down
0 Kudos
ACDT
Occasional Contributor
Stick to the quality Top 30 Industrial Shares!!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
If you buy metorex, load up on Simmers at the same time....grand west has nothing on these babies....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Check the news on Bloomberg => Metorex Auditor Says Deal Is Needed to Secure Future => Metorex downgraded to "sell" at Deutsche Bank (also at standard bank) also listen to the webcast on the mtx site, at the moment they do not have enough cash to make their debt payment in Dec 09. No way that they can restructure or raise further debt to fund => possibility of more equity most likely via a placing with Chinese investors => share value is pricing in future earnings dilution.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alternatively, they may sell off some assets to fund the upcoming deficit => lower earning potential for the future
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they have already sold off the crown jewels! Nothing of value left to sell that will get them out of this hole. I am a bit dissapointed here, since I have been trying for a while to find out if they still had finance shortages. It wasn't openly disclosed. It was the reason I baled out of this stock some time ago - and i tell you I wasn't so keen to sell then!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
wow thats an ugly chart.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Wow, looks like the dingo just saw a snake down there in the depths! Of course, after turning tail he'll give a sniff and soon realise it's a dead one and head back down for lunch...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope not! Tell it the snake is huge, hungry and very much alive!!! Get up!
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Trying to call the bottom, watch out the snake might turn around and bite you. Rather miss a few % and make sure because when it turns south it travels @ 9.81 m/s^2
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Looks like some people know something that others don't Either way, safer from the sideline
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Its finding support at 200 SMA plus I see a buy divergence here guys. Merely need volume confirmation and a close abve 290 to enter.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
I hope not a dead cat bounce, did not use stop loss and down a good couple of grand.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Tempting.....RSI & Stochastics showing a buy. Will wait till Monday to confirm, going away for the long weekend, dont want to worry about Fryday-Friday
0 Kudos