Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Down 5%

platsak
Super Contributor
Going like a dingo down a hole. Is there news or is it just moving within its trading band?
0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
Tetonka
Occasional Contributor
Not too sure why. Cannot find any fresh news pertaining to further disposal of non-core assets either. They're still trading under cautionary, maybe someone know things we don't, or maybe someone is just taking their "farm" to another bet...
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
How much further can this share drop? Strange share this one
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
It's cos uncle Roffey said on Monday night that Copper was about to tank... :)
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I think this one is called the titanic!
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
But Roffey is a guru - ask all the Simmer investors
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also see that the share indicators still say hold? If this slide is going to continue I think we are all in for a beating. Does anybody besides the CEO believe that this share is going to bounce back?
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Copper price starting to pick up on the back of better US economic indicators. I'm betting on a recovery from today's low, but then again - I normally lose my bets!
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
I am pissed off. Story of my stock market life.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look guys, when you invest in loss making companies, the share price will be driven by sentiment, not fundamentals. Now copper is declining, rand is weakening and these guys are still not disclosing how they are going to fund their expansion. That means that fundamentally, speculators have nothing to go on. Institutions won't touch anything this risky. It is going to take some seriously positive news to get MTX to move again. For what it is worth though, kitco metals report puts forward a pretty convincing argument why copper can't fall below $4500 pt. That would be useful information, except that MTX is hedged at $3600 pt. IF they can't bring their RUSHDI project on line, then there is nothing to go on here.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
This is one of the most logical posts i have seen in a long time Thanks lamb chop
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Still going down, the only price that I can say it will eventually stop is 1c, dame did not see such a big pull back, has to look at a small recovery to 350 but from where ??????? I saw from TA about 290
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
And there I was - tossing between Merafe and Metorex a few months ago and true to form I picked the wrong horse! Through stop losses and speeding up my decision to get out of trading for good... OR is someone buying in the hope of a major recovery on the back of future, improved copper price?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
and to top it all thier workers in zambia have downed tools and asking for a 20% pay increase.
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Well,seems to have bounced a bit to R3.20
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Seems to have some resistance at 300-310 range so some buyers are seeing some future recovery here. Shall I let go of this one at quite a loss or buy more - Maggie are you still in?
0 Kudos
kudu
Occasional Contributor
I don't know anymore . I took a fat one on the lip here and the tears are streaming down my face. I will now hold ad infinitum. or till I break even.so by the way thing are looking now the administrator of my estate will be dishing out MTX to my poor heirs one day!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I'll look to buy somewhere in the 1 buck region :) .... from u guys!! :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now I know what it feels like to be shot down. Will this drop another 33% in the week? Reached a point where I also now have to hang on and see what is going to happen. To late to ofload.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't look at fundamentals but its chart shows that it dropped through support earlier this week (15 sept),hence the plunge.It should have a bounce as it's oversold but looks headed for 240.
0 Kudos