Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Down, down, DOWN

fressa
Regular Contributor
LHG is TANKING!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
sponono
Super Contributor
posted: 14 Jan 16:54 [Reply] u mean the death cross???
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Its very concerning. I really was very bullish, but the trend has been downwards for months now. Im starting to reconsider my position. your thoughts?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That chart looks dangerous.
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
so time to jump ship or top up???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
By the enthusiasm youve had on the movement of this share Im guessing your probably heavily exposed. Ive got a feeling your going to learn a valuable lesson about the markets on this, just like I did with Comair, SA Coal Mining....

Just remember to keep your losses small on any trade.
Good luck.
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Ive been with LHG since 160c buying at every opportunity. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me. was up in total about 15% (factoring in all the buying along the way) now down in total 5.5%. Its been good to me for a while but looks like the "honeymoon phase" is over :( Its just a question of whether this is going to rebound, hold ground or continue its steady decline. objectively, i have to admit it looks like its spiraling to its death.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
unlikely death, but trend firmly down .. what was exit strategy when you entered ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In all honesty no-one here knows how far a share will go down or up, so you wont find an answer, we cant predict what every other shareholder will do with their share.
This lets one feel a bit powerless on the markets, but thats when one learns to focus on managing a trade. Remember there are many shares on the market with many more opportunities. This share does not owe you anything.
My advice would be sell half of your exposure. If it goes up or down then you were only half wrong and youll see that your nerves will get a bit of a rest as well :)
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It has today broken the support line which goes back to 1 Sept 2010.Also broke down from a serious head and shoulders a few days ago.Trend still down imo.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
but what i dont understand is the reason for this drop...is this purely because of the BEE deal announced, because if thats the case, i see it as a buying opportunity....nothing REALLY fundamental has changed...correct me if im wrong...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The results were very ordinary. The market has just come to terms with the last vast share issue... only to be told there will be another 50% dilution through a huge slew of shares issued to buy out the minorities in one of the operating subs. Based on past experience, the BEE deal will involve further share issue.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Look at the spread now.That's the H and S talking.Looking at a possible move down to support around 260.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
I'm not convinced, how to you chart an illiquid share? TA works best on liquid shares. In my opinion, LHG doesnt fall into this category.
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
Personally I never buy a loser, or try to guess where the bottom is. You really don't know where its going to stop. Instead, decide how much you're prepared to lose (10%?) and when it gets to that point get out. Don't second guess it. If it recovers, great. But set your exit and try not to lose sleep on this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep, that is my strategy too. If it aint beating the market, I don't want it. I ditched ASR yesterday on this principle, even though I like the stock and its prospects.
0 Kudos