Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Download share prices

Charles23
Contributor
Is it possible to receive an automatically downloaded table of historic prices of various indices?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
IAM
Contributor
I'm thinking about writing a script that will do this but I see OST only supplies 10 years worth of historical data for most shares. Any idea where you can find historical data reaching further back?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, knows everything abt OST operations, he will be able to help you.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
why would you need prices old then 10 years. I know Sharemagic provides "entire History".
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
why would you need prices old then 10 years. I know Sharemagic provides "entire History".
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Sharemagic Pro provides prices for the 'Entire History"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
investordata.co.za goes back 15 years I thinks
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
I only need one year historic, but have no knowledge on writing a script. Any help?
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
I only need one year historic, but have no knowledge on writing a script. Any help?
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
I only need 1 year historic downloaded automatically, but have no knowledge of writing scripts. Any help?
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
I only need 1 year historic downloaded automatically, but have no knowledge of writing scripts. Any help?
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
I only need one year historic downloaded automatically, but have no knowledge on writing script. Any help?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how much are you willing to pay for the script?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how much are you willing to pay for the script?
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
Fair point, but I'm a hoarder and I like knowing I have all the data in case I ever need it :P
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
Writing a script to s*****e the data isn't that complicated, I do however have concerns about whether automatically downloading the data is allowed in the OST terms and conditions. I gave them a read and never saw anything explicitly prohibiting it but I am not a legal expert so I could be wrong
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
Lol, the word was meant to be scr@pe but the site decided I was swearing so replaced it with ****
0 Kudos
Charles23
Contributor
Well as it is for my final year project for next year I am not willing to pay, would rather learn to do it myself
0 Kudos