Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Drop in earnings suprising?

Hoarfen
Contributor
Listening to Adams on 702 a few weeks ago made me think that GPL is in fine form, now the trading statement? Anything to be worried about going forward?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
it is hard to gauge what this is really about. They have been shuffling their portfolio quite a lot in the last 6 months - selling off stakes and buying others. All activities were reported to have an impact in HEPS. Question is whether the sales have affected their ability to generate revenue. Last financial year's report wasn't fantastic - and now they are reporting worse than that - on top of a shoot the lights out interim. Too wierd for me - I am not an analyst, so can't decide what is up here. Offloading today
0 Kudos
riaann_1
Occasional Contributor
GPL spending R13M on the lottery bid? Could be a another game changer imo...
0 Kudos
B4land
Occasional Contributor
The Price has risen from 625 to 675 in less than 2 days - does anyone know what is happening?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, the price dropped from 657 to 625 in two days as well, so no - I guess we can't really say what is going on
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
See lead article on Moneyweb re GPL. This one has the potential to rise well beyond R12 in the next year. This could be a mini Naspers if all goes according to plan with good prospects of normal and special dividends. Any views on this one now?
0 Kudos