Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dropping to much

Not applicable
Any ideas how low this "bullet proof" share will go?
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
gmoney
Contributor
no such thing as a bullet proof share,especially in these times.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i said not lower than 190c, but the market proved me wrong! Anything can still happen
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was actually sarcastic because everybody was going on how good the share is and it can only go up. Made me buy more than what I was supposed to.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Should stabilize roundabout here with a few dips to the 140's.This one caught me on a few occasions. Lot of weak hands trading in this share. At I am still largely in cash I will nible this price and try to average down to the 140s. Will problably run towards the end of the year and early next year before their next results.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I think this share has pelted everybody, I had my usual stopp loss but I cancelled it, I really think we should see a resource bounce today and tomorrow, should get back to 200 but then there's going to be the usual sell off, as lots of people climbed in @ 190, so once the losses have recovered people are going to jump boat, but in this market, the next share you buy is also going to burn you, I'm thinking about taking another 15+ % loss and leaving it at cash in the bank, all my profits from Feb are gone and I'm running into capital now, I can't wait for the bounce, going to bond my house to the roof and once the bulls start running again I'll be able to buy another property, so it's hard now but when it goes up we're all going to be smiling.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Oooooh. Ouch. This is brutal. Down to 140 for sure. If that dont hold 100 and thereafter 77c.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can it really go lower?
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
2 things.. what exactly makes this bullet proof...second.its maximum decline is down to 1c. Yes thats right is can go as low as 1c so you should have had an exit stratergy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any body still holding this share?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john is being polite. If you don't have an exit strategy, you're toast.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There's no such thing as dropping too much. If you making money then its all good, if not then .....Good luck
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mkaduh - they need you in isle six
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Few examples of pain, look at PAN & WEZ charts, you have to have a bail out at a point. Remember it will reach a stage when it will go up and that's when you make up your losses, it feels really bad to loose but you can't win them all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Question: Has anything changed fundamentally with the company? If no, this surely is an excellent buying opportunity when taking a long to medium term view.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
SOL call warrants earlier caught me out,difficult as it is one must move on....GOLD with good reason is now all the rage,if i held any (i don't)MRF now i would have sold and in the meantime invested in smaller gold shares such as AFO,DRD and perhaps SIMS and when MRF starts rising again return the money to that share....In my muddled opinion only.....yes for the first time in about ten years i hold gold.Bought DRD installment,AFO share,CALL WARRANTS on GFI,HAR,ANG.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ask yourself the same question of AIG then plan your exit..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Too many people are giving the market its own personality, the market is not your friend or enemy it's your master just go where it tells you to go. When the market goes against you people get defensive hold on wishing/praying it will turn why???just get out first loss is the best loss. Remember if you are right 40% of the time and exit your other positions as soon as you see them turn, you will be a profitable trader.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Zoomdox, that assumes that the prevous high prices were fair. maybe the high prices were unrealistic?
0 Kudos