Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ELD - Safety

Not applicable
ELD must surely be the stock to be in for now... Money in the bank
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
topgun
Super Contributor
as your cash is tied up in essentially a money market instrument, you lose firing power to take advantage of the many opportunities in the market....the storm will blow over and in six months' time (probably less) you will kick yourself for not having bought selectively in this great firesale.... one goes for safety prior to an expected selloff...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jip! Topgun was whating for that ... but not the hole porfolio ... i have 35 % of mine in With a ad on of 10 % aT 99.50 this morning. There a people lossing a lot of money right now. Safety has never been the wrong way to trading
0 Kudos
Rohitht
Contributor
Sorry topgun, are you saying that you feel this share is undervalued currently?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Well, the offer is in at R 105, and they say they wont up it (but that could happen) so fair value between now and when they make a decision on the offer would be R 105. If you are happy to make this margin between now and the conclusion of the deal then I guess it is worth it, and if they do up their offer, then it will be more worth it.
0 Kudos