Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ELI on a steady decline

fressa
Regular Contributor
It looks like Ellies is losing favour with the market. It keeps creeping lower and lower, day after day...i think maybe time to part ways with this old friend.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Wino
Super Contributor
Great trading update and results out soon. Long/medium trend still strong so maybe a bit to early to jump ship just yet.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
When it went ex-div directors took some profits off the table by selling....I see that they are now starting to buy again
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
experienced the same with SPG and eventually got out for 39% profit & it left me. From that day i write down the reasons for buying and go back to them every time I start asking myself such questions
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
ndabs, after you got out of SPG did it go up or lose more steam?
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
it went up 2248% and i keep it on my watchlist as a reminder...Watching it used to be painful, but i go back to it every time i feel tempted to sell for no good reason. I am up over 300% on Ellies and wouldn't sell it for a few days drop.....
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
oh make that 287%, entry was @R1.67 13 October 2010
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you guys are worried because of a 10% pullback? Have you never heard of a bull flag? Now is the time to be buying Ellies rather than selling. Look for the exhaustion move - when you have an overly large movement to the downside - like today and try to buy on closing auction. That is the beauty of private capacity investing - we are far more nimble than an institution and can usually pick up stock at the far end of the spread - saving us 1 or 2 percent extra. Sometimes you get really lucky - I picked up Calgro some time ago at a big pullback day for a 20% discount to the moving average.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
With Digital TV coming and ELI being one of the main contenders - this one will reach R10 before the end of 2013 - now is the time to tuck in - this could be the small cap of the year in either 2013 or 2014.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how much will digital TV really add to their bottom line?? remembering that it you have a satalite you do not need the decoder .. wayne samson always says it important but not game changer
0 Kudos