Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ELI

Russ
Super Contributor
Has reached some good support.If it's going to turn it might just be here.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trend is down, surely wait for the turn and buy on the up ??
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Good point.I just like the solid support (can put in a tight stop loss),there is a buy divergence on the daily chart,and is over sold on daily and weekly chart.That said,the downtrend might still trump all those cards!
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Trying to predict the turn only makes your broker richer and you poorer. Why not wait for the turn. Last qtr 2012 it hit resistance at 715. This may now become support. If it dips below 715 then who knows?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Ja,then my broker will be richer and I'll be broker.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Ellies is flirting on dangerous ground.
0 Kudos
Mark_A
Occasional Contributor
The share is destined for 600 in the next few weeks
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Sounds like someone sold out at a big loss.
0 Kudos
stefanb
Contributor
Getting very concerned about this share, but then again, I cannot imagine it to go any lower. Perhaps a buying opportunity? Any opinions
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Still making good money. Share price shot up too quickly on lavish expectations - resting now where it should be.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
SABC etc tardiness ,with digital TV the cause of delay in implimention caused most problems.It was first supposed to go ahead in 2011,the was put back to 2012 and so on now supposed to be done by 2015.At the beginning ELI with Altech held a virtual monopoly,now not so in supplying boxes and now all new TVs have the apparatus included....It will still gain but at a slower pace.It has diversified and is not so focused now.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I now prefer POY.Worth reading up on this company.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I see short term resistance coming up at 815.Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
results on Tuesday and I interviewing CEO .. anybody got Q's for him ??
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Q1 - Why so much derivative / collar activity with Directors. It seems they spend more time looking at share price than managing the business. Interesting that these were mostely over R10 strike prices. I have no problem with directors hedging something, but not this much. Q2 - the second half earnings growth is markedly down. Why ? Was the 2012 Eskom project revenues a once off and is that why earnings have now slowed. Q3 - Shareholder prefer slow steady growth. I am interested in managments comments ? Have they not tried to hype things up too quickly with Digital TV launches etc etc. Now share price is suffering. Q4 - I like shop within a shop concept stores, so well done on this initiative it is great. Does it make money ?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos