Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EOD Data

Frequent Contributor
Hi to all, After reading all the TA posts Ive decided on going with Amibroker. Any comments on which of the EOD data providers is the better to go for. As a seperate question, does anyone have a suggestion for intra day data. Happy trading....Lionel
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
cfm
Super Contributor
Sharenet offers both options for Amibroker. Never used them, so I can not comment about the quality of the data or service.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they are Ok... I use them.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Chartist, I read the following on the investordata.co.za website and wodered if it is an issue that one must take into account......."The data provided has always contained a clean OPEN price, which means that Japanese candlesticks and proper bar charts can be correctly drawn. Many other vendors don't provide an OPEN price or they provide a dirty OPEN, which is the previous day's CLOSE amended to fit within today's HI-LO range. The charts drawn with a dirty OPEN cannot be compared to the ones our data will generate."
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Sharenet provide high/low/open/close/volume for all their quotes. The historical database they provide (15 or 20 years worth) doesn't always have the open. Also, the DJ and NASDAQ feeds from Sharenet don't have open. Otherwise the rest of the market has full data.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I had a look at Investor Data's site, and the whole thing about ruling vs close and 'dirty' open seems strange. The service they are describing as a premium service is the minimum you should accept. FWIW, I've never had a problem with Sharenet's feed, and it cost less than R1000 for 12 months paid in advance. Only gripe I have is that it's sometime not available until 7.30-8pm.. I wish it was available an hour or so earlier.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am using investodata and so far i am happy with Mikes service actually if you are a casual trader eod data is more than good enough. if you pay 12 months upfront it should be less R1000.00 coz its costing me around R90/month
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yea , i use investadata and they are good
0 Kudos