Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EX CEO applied for Air License

Slimgp
Contributor
So i guess these guy's that founded 1time were ex nationalist party ouens who wanted to ***** BEE in the ass so what they do, get the price upto over R1.00 make the deal look rosy get BEE partnership going and slowly pullout one by one, put Blackie in the pilot seat and make him crash along with the rest of the share holders. I really smell a rat and its high time Blackie gets the hawks involved. Just pissed off as a BEE investor.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well that is one way of looking at it .. of course that makes Blackie a fool, which is not a very nice comment ..
0 Kudos
Slimgp
Contributor
I have faith in Blackies leadership, he just got the wrong end of the stick. Maybe the Ex Ceo's gonna make a bid for the Airline now to start-up their new low cost ailrline.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, they wouldn't want the planes nor jetworks
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
A typical victim mentality commentÂ…so BEE deals should only offer upside and be continually repriced if they donÂ’t to the detriment of other shareholders? Maybe you should also have a look at the role the ANCÂ’s incompetent cadres played at ACSA (all SOEÂ’s for that matter) and their ludicrous pricing policies at a time when low-cost airlines allover are battling with high oil prices. Given the poor economics, investing in airlines should be avoided period. Welcome to capitalism...or what's left of it...
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
eish this is like reading comments on News24 website.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Who is Blackie - he used to be Swart but now with political correctness he is no longer Blackie Swart but Albertus Swart!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So I guess Whitey Basson is also a no-no then? James Wellwood Basson would be PC.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
really ??
Blacky Komani - CEO and majority shareholder of 1Time ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Transport Minister SÂ’bu Ndebele says there is to be no competing against King Shaka. Remember that?
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
What if it was simply a situation, where an airline was managed poorly in an environment where the competition is state subsidized?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they made three mistakes .. old fuel guzzling planes, jet works and should have stuck to the golden triangle which was profitable ..
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
The fact that their engines fell off and their tires kept on bursting at airports did not help either.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That's a relief,thanks for clearing that up.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Emotion and business don't go together. I agree with Simon, 1 Time made the error of tying up too much capital in maintenance division instead of focusing on the flying which was producing the cash.Also operating 8 routes of which 5 were not profitable was also strange. They started changing that but, alas too late.The original shareholders were not in agreement with this strategy and started leaving. Blackie was convinced it could work and went at it alone, unfortunately falling on his sword.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Old fleet no maintenance. Eish, meet ys.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So Blackie was a genuine BEE candidate?
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos