Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EXX - should we be buying, Barry?

Runbird
Contributor
EXX has been down for a couple of days - is it looking like a buy again?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Runbird,Looks as if no div is to be payed this time round,but an interim next time.In my case have decided to sell and invest else where.If u take a longer term veiw (two to three years) this share is going to shoot the lights out!As i buy shares and usually sell ex-ldt.(from oct on will have to rethink my stratergy).This company is still organising itself,i'll look to going back in in four months time.
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
taking a hamering as I went long - hopefully will correct sooner than 4 months
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exx fundamentals are favourable. The market has a short memory so I have gone long and I think it will recover within a month.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed. Going long on this share as well. The CEO should go on Summit TV and map out the growth of Exxaro forward to the shareholders.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
EXX is the 4th largest coal miner in SA with projests in line which will make it the largest by 2014. Currently producing 43 mil tons which will increase to 78 mil tons by 2014. SA wil need at least 2 powerstations per year after 2010. No doubt that there is a market for their product, just a question of good management and cost effective mining. If one can pick up this goldie at the bottom - first prize !
0 Kudos
wap
Occasional Contributor
BTTB - What warrant you going long with? Any other people have opinion on warrant to go long EXX
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Update: Sold Exxaro today at 6750. I may love Exxaro and think it has great potential etc, but I couldn't stand to see my profits declining on the back of this share falling the way it did. I could re-enter at the current level of about 6500 if I thought the share was going to go back up to 7000 in the short term, but this I cannot say? However, my updated software this evening shows a negative move in the PE Ratio from 6.89 to 12.09; the DY of 5.08 to 2.75 and the EY of 14.42 to 8.27. This does not bode well. 1.Really disappointed in Exxaro's CEO and Management for not making the proper announcements and trading statements earlier in January. 2.My question to Exxaro or the JSE, whoever is responsible, how could they have dropped the PE of Exxaro in January from 15,77 to 5.41 with no trading statement? Were they using Kumba's earnings and if so why? This is actually BS if one has to analyse the situation. Some people may have money out of Exxaro like I did although I had to short a bit, but what about the people that saw the good PE and bought when the share was trading at 7500?????
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Good point, i thought UPDATES WERE COMPULSORY ,many companies now seem to neglect or issue them at the same time as as the share declaration.i made a good capital gain when i sold mine.com'n JSE ,don't b'come sloppy!By the way over the last couple of weeks i bought JSE itself,a good autumn buy!
0 Kudos