Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Easy Trader - Memory leak

Levitt
Regular Contributor
When I launch ET it works fine but after a while my whole PC starts to get unresponsive. In task manager I can see ET keeps consuming memory without releasing or refreshing memory, after it reaches about 500mb of memory in use that's when the trouble starts. It functions fine at +- 150mb of memory usage. Why does it keep consuming memory without releasing some of it back to the operating system?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
It is not EasyTrader doing it, EasyTrader utlize silver light and IE, I would start by clearing temp internet files and cookies, after that, applying latest security patches and updates and lastly the newest version of silverlight...my personal opinion of course
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Yes, everything is up to date and temp files cleaned. I just switched over to Firefox to monitor the memory usage from silverlight, on Chrome it went to 500+ if I left it a couple of hours, hopefully Firefox handles it better. What's your average memory usage on the process running Easy Trader/Silverlight?
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Does the same thing on Firefox, started at 150mb and now over 400 in less than a hour. So the problem lies with Silverlight or the coding on Easy Trader.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Same thing here. Using Firefox
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
try closing time sales, maybe as these accumulate eats at memory
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
IT is investigating ..
0 Kudos
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
I have been monitoring my task manager for memory utlization. The memory for IE is not going above 125Mb....My easytrader has been running the whole morning, with graphs and time sales open. It might be a bug on the type of os version you are running. I'm curerntly running with Windows 7 x64...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
have you tried some thing that is traded as often as the dec10 alsi in time sales....
0 Kudos
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
will try it for the rest of the afternoon...I had three time sales windows open....FSR, OML and CML
0 Kudos