Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Easy Trader

shizz
Contributor
Constant lags in updating charts with price on Easy Trader. Is this just me or everyone? Getting fed up with E.T.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
BC02
Super Contributor
Seriously fed up, I even emailed them to show how the price was making new highs but on the charts it was still lagging a couple of minutes. I emailed them on 28 Sep, no response yet. Pathetic!
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
And the ALSH graph doesnt work 90% of the time. Like now, for instance. What recourse do we have if the prices are incorrect e.g. lagging????
0 Kudos
shizz
Contributor
Abolutely pathetic! And a "service" we're paying for. Think its time to find another platform
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Thank goodness Ive already some stuff over, but if I can make a suggestion to anyone trading mechanical systems on the ALSI, get a broker with SWORDFISH, the program is awesome!
0 Kudos
shizz
Contributor
Which brokers are there that use Swordfish?
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
DWT, BoE, PSG, Nedbank(I think?)
Those are the ones I know of.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i dont think anybody out there looks at the emails, or if they do , they dont respond...i still waiting for a month now for some response!
0 Kudos
shizz
Contributor
Thanks, will check it out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's a constant struggle. I have sent epic emails expressing my increasing annoyance! I've even sent screenshots! it does not get any better and the response is always “Please be patientâ€� or “can u be more specific!!â€� - I F*#$% sent you screenshots – how could I be more specific!!!?? The prices reflected on my portfolio page at the end of each day are always wrong – so I never know what my bottom line is! This system fails me at the best of times.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Swordfish was the solution to my ET problem....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do you have to trade on these platforms to get access to the charting software or can you subscribe just for the charting?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Any Charting products/website that work in the cloud? I dont want to install a program on my desktop.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
I believe that DWT offers a demo account (not sure about the others), not sure for how long its open though.
You'll notice a massive speed difference though, EasyTrader seems to lag in bids&offers, not just the charting
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
IG Markets offers that, but then you'd be trading Forwards, not SAFEX futures. I prefer to stick with the futures.
0 Kudos
shizz
Contributor
Did you move over to DWT?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
I've opened an account with DWT. Trading the ALSI there is as fast as lightning.....
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Opened a demo acc, I still need to install charting. I want something like forexpros had for the top 40 stocks. I contacted them but they dont do the Jse stocks anymore. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
IG markets has both Topi Futures and Topi CFDs, you choose your poison.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
and no response from OST. No notification, apologies, nada. I havent been able to see my graphs for a whole 20mins now.
0 Kudos