Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Easy trader

sponono
Super Contributor
Easy trader has become the most unuseable piece of junk killed by a bunch of computer boffins at Standard Bank. But gues what you're paying for it even though you cant use it and OST keeps giving you those very polite responses. Rhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
I need to lower my stress level so have written off Easy Trader for the rest of the week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there are no cost alternatives...why you guys pay a monthly fee is something i will not understand...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I have just signed up with IG Markets. Anyone using out there how are they?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Been with them for 18 months on my brother's recommendation.Have had no problem, and I like their charts.I have found them very helpful if you have a problem.Stictly CFDs , spread on Alsi too wide.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Tkx. I'm seeing one of their guys soonest just to get throuhg their system. Once that is done nca I'm outa here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed....ig good...free charts etc and service good but you are still not trading the market directly and you are at the mercy of the prices they make. They are a little naughty in being able to pick off stops with algorythm trading when certain markets are closed so watch out for that. Spreadbetting is not really for traders who want to become serious about trading. In the UK it works because you avoide tax but here there is no advantage and quite frankly you are at a disadvantage using them.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Easy Trader. Worked for an hour and now showing todays info only. Day 3 and counting.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Can sabotage be ruled out? Is a Union involved?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Not So Easy Trader for a guaranteed headache!
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
for ALSI trading I've moved over to SwordFish - best move ever. The program is phenomanal! I can really recommend it. BoE and DWT both use it, and I know Garth McKenzie uses BoE for his ALSI trading.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Adds to sabotage theory?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what does sbk current charge as transaction fees per contract?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
fredsesd ....the only sabotage is that which is happening to your bank account....account maintenance fees - withdrawal fees - early settlement fees - protfolio tranfer fees - partial portfolio transfer fees - data feed fees ....ah yes the banks have a money making machine allright....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh i forgot and this i maybe the best one!...telephone trade fees! Diabolical!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
R12.50 + vat all inclusive
0 Kudos
Not applicable
speaking of telephone...I see a missed call from what appears to be SBK on my phone....Im sure a banning is immenent...I am sure they dont want you to hear about a world without uneccessary fees. So if u dont hear from me u know whats happened...but then again maybe they are wanting to offer me a job?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
maybe they want to save you further embarrassment...must be hard squeezing this market on the short when its just makes higher lows! both 15 min and daily!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
0 Kudos