Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EasyTrader issues

richardw
Super Contributor
Anyone else having ET issues? I can't load it - refresh doesn't work, restarting doesn't work, different browser doesn't work, have called SOL and no joy yet. Sits on 0%. Am on Silverlight 4 and other Silverlight apps work, including S4 apps. Can I uninstall an S4 app to force it to reload?
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Not applicable
YES - same problem here. It's very slow.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Our service provider has told us there is a problem with the Telkom internet backbone. Probably affecting many users as Internet is currently practically unusable...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
only just conected to website and whole site very slow.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
The speed could relate to the EasyTrader issue - maybe the timeout isn't long enough or it's truly just too much data to load so never gets past 0%. I had one page take 2 mins to load. Except I don't think I've seen EasyTrader at all this week. Ah well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Same here and no luck with phoning OST. This is such an inferios product that we should not have to pay a cent for it in the meantime.That is until you bring back Price Streamer. It is obvious that your technical service has failed dismally with ET. What can we do to make Standard bank understand that we don't want this piece of rubish!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Weal, if the cause is Telkom's backbone then I'd like to replace that instead, really.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Mac Gyver .. you don't like it .. unsubscribe .. click.click ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Simon sums up the whole SA banking attitude in one go. Oligopoly r Us, shaddup and pay.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
:) well no .. in this case the facts being thrown are simple ill informed ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, Give me a good alternative available localy, not overseas and I will gladly unsusbcribe. You had a decent product, Price Streamer. I agree it was not perfect, but before changing it you should have done your homework properly. Admit that you were wrong and give us something worthy of Standard bank!
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Been having increasing difficulty for last few days. It was eventually opening but then only with SENS functional. Silverlight was complaining about enable local storage, but it was enabled. Update on Silverlight came on MS update today, and now it will not even start up. For a complete explanation of how Easy Trader works we have nowhere to go. So, we must unsubscribe and wait for a new product. I think.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Well no problems here on my EasyTrader, except with the loading progress indicator, stays at 0% then opens up after a couple of seconds. Running Firefox 3.6.3 with Silverlight 4.0.50524.0
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Hey, that just happened for me too. 0% and then loaded. And the site is faster. But I still want Telkom to be shot at dawn.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
price streamer was decent .. you are the only living person who hinks that .. this forum was full of rants about it all the time .. it had data problems at least once a week .. sure the ET launch was frot, but it has been completely stable for over a month .. further when PS had issues there was nothing we could do - beyond lodge a ticket with the provider, now with ET we control it, so fixing is quicker and we can develop it .. the ultimate product wiill have intra-day charts, trading etc ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Anything that comes out of Helkom smells like Trash Rotten Eggs !!!
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
Hi Simon What is the timing on the intraday charts and will they effectively be similar to what idealcfds offers? I think their charts are pretty neat but I would prefer to only have to subscribe to one site...??
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Use Ideal cfd,s site it is absolutely brilliant never have any problems at all and the charting functionality is great. If SBK could come out with something like this i would be first to sign up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
July (ish) .. an way better then ideal ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon... Mac Gyver is not the only person who thinks ET is poor. I complained vociferously the day after it launched. As for telling him "so unsubscribe click click", that has to be one of the worst examples customer relationship building I have ever seen. Truly breathtaking!
0 Kudos