Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

EasyTrader issues

Ninja
Super Contributor
Guys, I have no doubt that Simon and his wiz kids will sort this out....have patience! My only concern is that when intra day charts are available what will be available to trade.....will I be able to trade spot forex (not the rand please - a real pair like the GBP/$ or EUR/$) or the live indices such as DJI and FTSE. Secondly will I be able to trade these products at a cost of 0.5/1 pip in and 0.5/1 pip out? Fixing charts is easy....broadening the offering a little more of a challenge especially when you are dealing with government regulations on forex.....I watch this space with great anticipation. Until then, I will continue earning my Dollars through IG.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ninja,Simon and is technical team will never get it right because the fundamentals are wrong. ET is a microsoft product and we should be getting a web base, linux type product to function well on the Internet.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an the day it was launched was a disaster, on almost every level - nobody denies that .. but two months on it has moved forward vastly and continues to do so ..
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Microsoft Silverlight is web development platform. Similar to Adobe Flash. Silverlight is available on linux under the name of Moonlight. The end result would be exactly the same. The main choice would have been between Silverlight and Flash. Not Microsoft and Linux. And what about the thousands of applications developed with Microsoft Visual Studio, I doubt their fundamentals are wrong.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you won't be able to trade spot forex .. this is in large part SARB issues ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an that just said .. SB (NOTE NOT OST) have just launched spot FX trading .. www.standardbank.co.za/standardfxtrader
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Interesting, will open a demo account.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Simon, will there be training courses for this forex service? Why seperate to OST....surely this is exactly what everyone has been baying for? Do you need to transfer cash offshore to trade or is it run from a local account? I look forward to seeing what is comming up on OST, please give me a reason to leave IG and keep it local with the bank that taught me everything I know.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
seperate because it is with off shore money .. an we don't do off shore money ..
0 Kudos