Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Educate me on the Quote Bank

S2000
Contributor
Please can someone advise me on this quote bank story. I understand that live prices and in depth hits are charged. What OST themselves dont seem to know is should I be charged on Price Alerts that are set to email. The one side at OST says yes as they are live prices. In fact they have been debiting me for the price alerts as well as for merely accessing the price alert screen, which to me does not sound right The other side at OST says that you should not be charged for email price alerts. hmmm and now I wonder why I am confused, please can anyone break this tie?? Have again raised the query with OST and awaiting their response.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
price alerts are live (either sms or email) and as such charged .. but updates which are sent at 8, 10, 12, 2 and 5 are delayed and as such delivered around 20 minutes oast teh hour and are free ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
S2000 if you need loads of prices register with price streamer and all your prices are covered for the month....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
even without PS you will never be charged more then about R85 per month .. there after tis all free ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Can we still swap our unused quotes for free stuff? Like in the old days. I still have my mega-pack of blue and white balloons. They just never seem to run out.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, but I will buy our pens back at 50c each ??
0 Kudos