Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Effect of troubles in Iran on Sasol

Not applicable
Any ideas on the effect of the riots in Iran on the oil price and the Sasol share price. I would expect both to be moving up very soon...
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
jack12
Super Contributor
In the Tengiz farms the fields are unprofitable below 75$. So theory is OPEC reduce the price cover all the futures, then let the price drift up naturally. Then the idjuts buy and store it waiting for the price to rise more. Then as the stored expensive oil comes onto the market OPEC push the price down to cover all the futures again and so the cycle goes. The smaller less developed companies are suffering due to the low price. Sol is one of them IMO
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Do Sol suffer at current oil price or is profit just less but still good?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Sasol oversold on back of profit warning earlier this week. Set your stop at an intra day break of R160. Go long for a short bounce up to R185. Your stop is close and this trade therefore has limited downside risk. Short it down from R185. If it goes below R160 GET OUT and wait.....
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Well,I am betting 150K on Sol.Wish me luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sol hasn't been that low in years - below 200? no way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
he obviously meant 2 instead of 1
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Sorry guys....meant 2 instead of 1.....shouldn't drink and trade at the same time......
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Samoa....you must be smiling, Sasol has behaved as it should have....enjoy the profits.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Ninja
That R260 and R285 versus R160?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
dilligaf, as I mentioned in my post I miss typed 1 instead of 2. I trust you are enjoying the profits as much as I am.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
In Jan 09 a prof. from some U.S. university made 20 predictions. I did not take note because i thought it was a joke. I can only remeber 3 Dow at 6400 in 2011, a revolotion in Iran & Oil price at $90 before September.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
My SOLSBE's treated me kindly this week thanks, and i'm considering the same again next week, depending on where SSL closes on the Dow tonight. Concern about days to expiry and price approaching 10c too....
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
And again this week - LOL :)
I'm not too concerned about the generally sideways trend, so long as my Puts put me in the money and my Calls call it up....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
nobody knows the future.. its the one area that the public sector is = ***** at the job as the private sector.. And Academics are way down on the list because they think they can...
0 Kudos