Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eina !!!

Plonky
Super Contributor
Whats going on here...Down 7% suddenly ??
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Well, my stoploss for one - and I was up 4% - my fault really, set my stop too tight on a thinly traded stock.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Howzit Plonkers - Geez, down 15 % (R 119,00 )at one time ! Puzzling - I looked at Sens - nothing. I sold my holdings just last week, making a good profit. Still a good share and at R120-R125 I'm in again.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Ja...thanks for the replies...I am a bit out of touch over here in Brazil. Maybe its just a bit of market jitters. I thought there may have been an announcement, or maybe the copper price fell suddenly. ??? If you can get it at R123, it looks like a good price.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Today it is up 9%....whats going on. These are big fluctuations. Down as low as R115, then back to R138 ???...Speculaters can have fun here. !!
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I have a long position on this share as part of my buy and hold portfolio. I would have stocked up with some more, due to the 9% slip on a single day. I think the answer in the significant moves is due to the thinly traded aspect of this specific share.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Look at the trades - very strange one's and two's.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Palabora has always traded like this. Huge swings. Odd little trades, 1's and 2's even. 80% swings from cycle top to bottom! Be brave!
0 Kudos