Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eish!

Mine
Contributor
It is hell watching one's capital going down the drain. Why didn't I use the stop loss? What to do now! Buy a hamburger with what is left or sit it out?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
gmoney
Contributor
while the market was falling everyone told me to sit on it ,it will recover one day.even my broker.i wish i had gone with my gut feel and got out months ago.I would be looking at buying in soon.
0 Kudos
Mine
Contributor
Did you sell out at a loss?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
You must always distinguish between price and value - if the replacement value of your home is R2m, would you accept an offer for R700k if you are not a forced seller? Rather buy your neighbour's at that price as well. Also, look at the premiums to market price being offered for AVI and Kwikspace over the last week alone. Makes you think, doesn't it? I bought DGC for 90cps in 1999 and it later dropped to 40cps (a 55% capital loss!)- sold above 750cps last year - a compound return of +30% p.a excl. divi's!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah dude, it's only a loss once you sell...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You know the story about potential & reality? Well a loss is always a loss - You only make money when you buy & make sure you buy cheap enough. I would not churn my portfolio,leave it be & let it recover. Churn only adds to Brokers or SBK's profits !!!
0 Kudos