Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Electronic financial statements versus postal

vurt
Contributor
I get a lot of financial statements through the post which is quite bothersome 'cos then I have to go pick them up at the post office, sign, etc. Also I'm considering the cost and environmental impact. So, to save the planet and my time, I would like to get them through email rather - or even just notifications that they're available for download.

Now I've recently received 2 shareholder correspondence letting me opt into electronic delivery from 2 of my holdings. Awesome.

This got me thinking and I contacted OST support asking about this. I thought perhaps they would be able to flag me somewhere as an electronic consumer. Unfortunately, they were their usual contradictory and unhelpful selves. So I thought, if anybody would know, it would be someone here.

Is there an easy way to opt into electronic correspondence for all notifications automatically from now on?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
superstar
Regular Contributor
There are correspondences that must, by law, be sent via post unfortunately
0 Kudos
waitandsee
Occasional Contributor
I have send an email to [email protected] requesting not to receive annual and interim reports for my holdings, now they only send the minimum postal mail.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I think the company can vote at AGM to do electronic annual reports, and they need to send shareholders notice of how to access copies. As a trader its a bind to get these things, sadly it also costs the companies a bomb to produce them for us.
0 Kudos