Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Emergency panic selling

The_Bull_Terrie
New Contributor
This is a very good share. The only reason that it is going down is because of panic sales or emergency money that is needed right now. They sell at any cost instead of posting the price that the share is worth thus pushing the price down. They give up the power of demand.
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
kwagga
Super Contributor
The market is down. DSY just in line with the down move. Also today is LDT for the divi.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Does DSY qualify as growth stock?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
DSY sitting pretty close to good support. I do expect a bounce from these 8000c - 8050c levels. Expect some resistance at 8600c. We are in oversold territory. omo
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Smack on support. 7990
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
OBV is not confirming. It can go lower. 7510 maybe?
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Rams: Every time DSY is under discussion you want to know if this is a "growth stock". Stock is something you keep in shop that customers can buy. If you are old enough you might remember the story about the milk cultures. Nothing else grows by itself. What returns: dividends as well as capital gains do expect to see from what you would classify as a growth stock?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ja, Brommie, if you a farmer ,and still on dial up with the big turbines, you only know one kind of stock...if you don't know, please ask, but dont make it seem you know it all when you don't...we here to help you
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Help yourself first. You are very confused.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yip. Could always go lower. Could even test 74.50 again.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
On 200 EMA now....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
...and a little bounce.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
can go anywhere, even R40, but where you going to buy(invest)...when it comes back up thru the 200EMA, or when the 200EMA is support...when this happens, both the PE and PEG will look at lot better at current earnings(now just make sure the rands and cents are correct)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
by the way, last time it went thru 200 was in about Jan 2011 and stayed there abouts for 6 months...
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Since 'some people' think I know it all: my opinion. The OBV and weekly RSI indicate that we are going to test the next support level. DSY closed below the 200 day MA. IMO, a closing 2% below the 200 day MA over a 3 day period is indicative of a downward trend. (Any comments?) Rams mentioned a 6 months waiting period before the next major increase in the share price. I agree with Rams. We might only experience sideways movement between resistance and support lines for quite some time. This is excellent news for us cfd traders out there. But as Rams is a little bit confused about what most of us expect from a growth stock, he might think DSY is one. As a company becomes larger, for the company to grow at the same pace as what was the growth was in previous years, the ideas for future innovation must be better and bigger. Small new ideas do not influence the share price as much as it did when the company was in a start-up phase. Personally I like DSY's business idea and with their overseas exposure I expect their future dividends to keep up with the pace of inflation plus R$ depreciation. Definitely worthwhile to keep as a long term investment, but I cannot see the share price increasing at the trend that it used to do.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Brommie, if you are old enough, then i excuse your memory loss/cognitive dysfuction. I asked about DSY and growth once only. I asked a question and implied nothing.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
HAHAHAH , cognitive dysfuction often leads to confusion.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
RAMS, you are developing an excellent cognitive dsyfunctional reputation.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why not wait for the bottom and confirmed turn rather than trying to catch falling knives ..
0 Kudos