Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Emotions and Trading

venice
Super Contributor
Today I realized just how much emotion affects your trading. I have traded the ALSI today morning great trading no problems. At lunch my wife phoned me and gave me bad news, now I can't trade mistake after mistake same trader different attitude. Not trusting my setups ect. Emotion a much forgotten aspect of trading, its not all TA.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
That's exactly how it must work. NO emotions, only TA. But that is a lot easier said than done...
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Emotion cost me 10k this week. This market is breaking all the rules.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats just the problem ...the market has no rules...thats why you have to...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, chartist be right. There is no rule book and if you're looking for one you gonna loose money.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
As of three weeks ago I stopped any form of input. So I don't even know what the Dow did yesterday and don't care. Don't read any posts regarding market direction or any other input that can give me bias. Guess what?? my trading has taken a quantum leap, I analyze the chart and trade it end of story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ya Venice...good move...thats the beauty of day trading....I care not a flying &%^%$ what happens when I close out my positions before end of trade....in fact I don't even wanna know....cause ll it does is cause you to have a view on where the market is going...amazing how one starts thinking of a strategy to try and predict the future....stoopid...I would like think to myself...well the dow has rallied hard and the futures are higher so therefore tomorrow and the rand is so and so and gold is so and so and ya oil is so and so and by God Billiton is up in asia....so thats great I have my set up for the day....and guess what happens?.....well of course I forgot to add that I would listen to the talking heads on TV who gave their view as well....well then I would really be convinced and thats when the k a k striked the fan big time...thats when my desk would get a pounding like never before cause how can this blerry market be doing what it is doing...they are all wrong .....the whole %^^$$&( lot of them...idiots!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in fact I have a box full of mice that have suffered the wrath of the biggest idiot of them all....I look at it sometimes...useful to keep reminding yourself just how big and idiot you can be....
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I realized that the talking heads are there for entertainment, they get paid to talk, pity most of it is rubbish, they add zero to real trading. They should get stuck in a box with buy and hold and all that other rubbish and get dropped overboard.
0 Kudos