Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

End of the day price download

Cilliboy
Occasional Contributor
Does anybody know if OST provide the facility for the full end of the day share prices. Under individual shares they got Closing, High and Low but not opening.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Rams
Super Contributor
Has always been a problem even on EASYTRADER. Only place to find opening is on interactive charts but on the next day because on the current day , you only get DOJI.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
on my watchlist there is column called History/Privious which is basically the opening price in my opinion. and the watch list is downloadable. hope i understand what you are looking for.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Suki, history/previous is market to market so that will be previous days closing price and not curent days opening price. Anyway why do want the opening price because CFD and futures is market to market- I hope you not using opening price for profit/loss calc because the brochures on CFD can be misleading....been there...
0 Kudos
Bug
Occasional Contributor
Or you can use the interactive chart data URL directly (undocumented): https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/FrontOfficeSecure/Legacy/extranet/pc/charts/profile/pri... That gives you open, high, low and close for all trading dates, if you take a look at the source and decode the CSV
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
is that not hacking? But thanks for that info
0 Kudos
Bug
Occasional Contributor
It's the same stream of raw data that the interactive chart pulls so it's not like you're accessing anything you're not authorized to. You're paying monthly for that data anyways. Now downloading that stream and sharing it with someone else might be in breach of terms and conditions
0 Kudos
Cilliboy
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for all the info
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
So hang on....you have to hack into the system and then re plot the data to get what you want? This is hysterical.....why not trade with a real broker, offering a powerful user friendly platform? OST strength lies in its great training and education support.....as a trading platform it is so far behind its competitors its ridiculous. Where are the functions a trader needs.....deal through charting, excellent free live price data in any timeframe and in any format required, integrated stop loss and profit limit details to be entered and cancelled with each trade - not the current laughable system where you can close your trade but your stop stays live untill you cancel it seperately (absurd to the point of insanity, pattern recognition software for developing and completed patterns on forex, indices and equities globally, free intra day and end of day technical analysis provided by independant 3rd party. Remenber Standard is a bank, not a broker,they focus on home loans and cheque accounts. If you trading against the best out there and there platform is sh*t hot and you have to write special code to hack into your platforms data justy to get accurate pricing on your charts let me tell you you are dead in the water......check out Metatrader 4, IG Markets, Interactive Brokers, IG Index.......how you gonna win the F1 race in a go cart, even if you are the best driver in the race?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I agree , there is a problems with intraday charting but Its all about marketing the product and the Brand.STD Bank is a brand .Give the public something for free and they will buy what you selling. OST gives you free education ....and free snacks. Same with forexpros- free real time charting and they get to advertise and sell.Also, remember OST does not target the professional trader like yourself but people who think a WARRANT is a police officer and FUTURES is gift from your broker.
0 Kudos
Cilliboy
Occasional Contributor
Ninja thanks for information, of the ones you listed which one do you think is best for a part time/end of the day trader?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
If you wanting to trade the asli or SA equities look no further than igmarkets.co.za
0 Kudos