Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Enthusiasm

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Not too much (if any) enthusiasm here. Is the market in doubt that this smaller player will have enough potential to be counted amongst the few other listed in its sector?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
CC
Given that we only got 10% of our appled for numbers, i certainly was expecting much more action. Seems that players are underwhelmed, rather than whelmed, or even better, overwhelmed.... D
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
BSI certainly seems a well run second tier steel trader. Stags were probably a bit too optimistic given the forward ratings of Alert Steel(PE of 8.8x) and long established value added player, Argent (PE of 8.6x). BSI is on a rolling forward PE of 7.4x provided they make their March HEPS target. Methinks a great opportunity is being created to exploit this weakness in the early 90's.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Thx for responding - hope you are still there. What bugs me is the lack of resistance amongst holders, who now turn into sellers (suppose the same applies to 1TM although the playing field is different). The share price is mutilated. Stop loss kicking in @ 95c and all join in the chorus. What ignorance is displayed in selling off a share that has not had a chance to find its feet? What joy it must be to the buyers, hoping that they could sell off once 100 cps is om the cards. Suppose this trend really displays the true nature of the stock market. No mercy asked or given.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Remember that there are many stags in the market at the moment. They are most probably utilising their OD's to apply for shares. If the share fails to deliver an immediate premium to the issue price on listing, they bail given their opportunity cost. BSS has not captured the market's attention, hence the sell-off even at a loss. As I said, this is creating an opportunity for investors. BSS is on my watchlist for the early 90s.
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
I agree, and will add them to my watchlist, BUT in my real life I am a commodity trader and know that dealing with the rest rest of Africa can be a trial, which possibly the market is pricing in?
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
topgun, u are spot on. Case in point is myself. Have to exit BSI at current levels in order to free up that cash to participate in SA French and ARB Electrical. Hopefully make a decent return on those 2 listings and then buy back into BSI at its current levels. So, heres hoping SAFrench makes me some good bucks to cover this loss.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
SAFrench also going the priv placement route? - which excludes me. Anybody know of a way to apply for shares besides possibility that OST might come up with a 10% of application-deal?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
... anyone?
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
SAFrench closed already. 4% allocations.
0 Kudos