Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Equity lagging bullion support?

DaveW
Contributor
Would love to hear opinions on why stock doesn't have the usual enthusiasm for rising bullion prices... ANG seems to be ignoring, by usual standards, new bullion enthusiasm... Is the market just not taking the bullion up trend at face value or is "big money" keeping prices low to close out short positions before a spike? Any opinion would be appreciated....
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Not just ANG, the others too. Threatened strike in gold sector?
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I have heard that Amcu is gathering support in the gold mining sector. Think that may be way in somewhat. Think investors may be more interested in the bullion rather than the company that produces it.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
the explanation I have seen on this is that our gold mines are old and its getting more and more expensive to get the stuff out on mines that are at the end or near the end of their productive life so u should rather invest in the gold itself.add zuma,anc and labour problems-some talk about rather invest in new mines out of SA and you have a fairly gloomy picture>
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
the explanation I have seen on this is that our gold mines are old and its getting more and more expensive to get the stuff out on mines that are at the end or near the end of their productive life so u should rather invest in the gold itself.add zuma,anc and labour problems-some talk about rather invest in new mines out of SA and you have a fairly gloomy picture>
0 Kudos