Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eskom could later experiece a shortage of coal?

Not applicable
heard about Eskom today over safm news and that coal was more expensive contributing to Eskom's losses. Even said a shortage of coal might be experienced in future. What about this idea for new or existing power stations?: http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/hemp.htm on the Internet says: In New South Wales, Australia the Minister of Energy told the parliament they should consider burning confiscated hemp to produce electricity. "It burns at extremely high temperature, produces a lot of power and is cheaper (and much cleaner) to burn than coal. Canada and most European and Asian nations permit hemp cultivation. Could we grow enough to supply Eskom - seems possible
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
re the SAFM part .. be very careful of news reports, I have seen how news rooms work .. mostly it is badly, somebody with littl eknowledge takes a story they don;t fully understand, picks up on one point an makes it the headline of the story ..
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Whom of the miners will benefit the most from the loads of coal that will be needed in the next 20 years.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Surely EXXARO as 94% of their income is generated by coal.They are in a win-win situation with world recovery and Escoms local needs and are large enough to overcome any obstacles!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Barry. Being the forums minning man. Whom of the smaller players do you fancy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree that it is not always accurately reported
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
What about Buildmax down the line delivering the coal?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'll answer next week on the small coals,in the meantime'i'de like to send on an e-mail i received from mining mx last night....my e-mail address [email protected] also i wrote about coal on the archive website if u r interested
0 Kudos