Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eskom fault.

asylum
Super Contributor
I wonder how much of this fall can be attributed to all the good news comming out of eishkom!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well looks like eskom been load shedded - their website is off line

an don't think they have much to do with this sell off, AUS has been red for something like the last 12 days! Japan at 2 year lows, SP500 had worst week in 5 years last week, an so on an so on.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no for sure Simon was just thinking off overseas investors who know about the power problems and how it can affect growth.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
asylum, for sure eskom will figure in investments down the line. But in the immediate there are far bigger global issues driving this sell off.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not good. Most of the big foreign news agencies running stories on the crisis: New York Times putting on a piece in next few days; FT has already. The mining majors are putting in contingency plans to manage power supply, and it goes without saying, capital investment is likely to be affected. Eskom & government need to issue clear guidelines soon, on how they plan to manage the situation.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Oi amigo, nice to see you still using those "Tress-pass" connections orz you hackin' their sites??.....when is NYT going to issue a weather update for the Root 'cos summer sure has been scare.....my pedicurist tells me Iza starting to grow webfeet dude....not pretty. So was the Deutsche sojourn a +5 or +10 kg one?.... guaranteed it was mor'n 100 litre job....Greetings to the madam....Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey dude, how's things on the mountain top?? Deutchland all biznizz- went to ask Hans about his ***** waves - got chucked outa the building. Guess they didna like me 'Faulty Towers' impression. I ask you. Is that service?? Summer? Kinda forgotten what it looks like. Time to build that ark, I reckon. Merrem says hi (waving from the herb garden in its floral hat).
0 Kudos