Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eugene Terblanche

Quakedog
Super Contributor
This has potential to explode and pull stocks down, political uncertainty, when will all this ***** end!! Maybe they should just give the soccer world cup to Australia!! That'll teach us!
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I doubt many people took him seriously . . . until now. Hope his killers get whats comming to them. However, this story has made international news (just read it on CNN). Just wondering if foreigners will start pulling out their money.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Short answer is no, international investors won't withdraw money from the country because of this. The international coverage is because of mainly the coverage South Africa is getting over the world cup and people's fear over safety issues in this country. Terrorism is still fresh in the minds of everyone world wide. However, if nationalization becomes a reality, and I not saying it will, you will see $ Billions leave the shores of this continent very quickly. The one thing that draws investors to this country is mineral wealth and the investor opportunities it presents. Without that this country will have very little to offer any foreign investor. More concerning is that this event fits into a serious of other events. This is just another puzzle peace in the bigger puzzle called - `Marginalization of wealthy minorities". If one of your thoughts over this weekend was leaving this country, then this government succeeded once again with an orchestrated attempt to create "paranoia, fear and racial hatred and division". One of my mottos in live is to never make any big decisions when I'm feeling emotional about anything. It works wonders when you're trading, and can be applied as a general rule in life. I suggest you start doing the same.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Screw this ill be in Mexico till this blows over!!! :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
A few years ago I came across a bunch from the British army who were consulting anti-terrorism with the SA govt. Spoke to a guy and asked him where the potential threats came from. He wasn't keen on providing too much but it appeared that the biggest threat came from the right wing element in SA. So just wondering what the right wing had in store for the world cup (they have been quiet for a while) and what the govt decided to do about it . . . Melema's little song might have been a whole big cover up for something bigger.
0 Kudos
juda
Occasional Contributor
ET deserved all that, brought down by a 16 and 21 years old who where supposed to be paid R300 a month salary each and not paid for. days of abuse are over.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Ridiculous mentality judas - nothing justifies hacking a man to death !! Your type of reasoning is what we dont need in this country right now.
0 Kudos
britainprop
Occasional Contributor
ET got what he deserved, just watching news , and the people he beat up, shot and the bombs he took responsibilty for . He died just as he lived, by unforgiving beating, ironically by the race he abused and mistreated the most
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Farm murder no. 3368 since 1994 - Systematic genocide?. Imagine what food surplus this country would have had if these people were left to lead their lives in peace.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On the subject of yet another farm murder - it is disgusting. I have lost family and close friends in this fashion, and it saddens me. On the subject of a hate mongering, violence prone, politically insignificant idiot receiving front page coverage in every major newspaper in the country - that is also dispicable. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, but i do believe that if you live by the sword ... This guy served a paltry jail sentence for beating a man brain dead. It is morons like him, and his attitude to farm labourers that are a large contributing factor to the hatred and violence that take place in farming communities. Sorry for being insensitive to the Terblanche family pain right now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please guys, not here.
0 Kudos
fdewaal
Contributor
I see Bogom and Skaaptjop , part of the Malema boyjies.
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Your people veiws/beliefs and this post is sick.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Please Simon ,cut this Chat,this is not the place for this.Two wrongs never made a right.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Please Simon ,cut this Chat,this is not the place for this.Two wrongs never made a right.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Feel also this thread can be cut...but just for the bogum.....yes he made mistakes, last year I have photo's where he prayed with two black women, for change. He wasnt perfect, but killing anybody is not right. We can go on, or stop and try to go positive start being positive...or stay and point fingers to everyone else....But still the racism of Malema can also not be seen as any positives for the country... Luckily I am past a stage were humans pointing fingers or letting the other party be the worst only to better one self will affect me negatively.
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
Can this be why SHP and pick-a-pay is soaring today?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In SA, two wrongs make a right...now we got BEE
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
the last resort of the weak is to keen and wail on state owned public TV. I wouldn't lose too much sleep about their ability to wreak chaos and mayhem beyond failed token gestures. If they had any organisation or pride left they would have dealt with this quietly and privately and would not have given airtime to the public broadcaster. They are a people without a sense of purpose. Whining on the 7 News is admission of their powerless rage.
0 Kudos