Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Events for charity

saash
Super Contributor
Who has experience with this - how do I go about doing an event for charity, in terms of registering, advertising, and raising the funds?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you need a famous person to be youru face .. a real famous person, not some D lister ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Beneficiary must be a non profit org, and ideally a CBO (community based organisation), then contributions, in kind or financial, are tax deductable Ensure they are a credible organisation, do a site visit, study their audited financial statements etc; just like you would check out a company before buying their shares
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You also need an A-list of people to invite, and who you think will come. Fundraising events can also result in a loss.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Contact your local Lionsclub. Get details on the web.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am only available in 3 weeks time, but send me the details, my people will get back to you.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
John, I'm sure there are better opportunities to sell your potatoes in a bag idea than a charity event.;-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL.. yes but as I am soon to be famous for my pot in a bags.. I am moving up to a D- lister..
0 Kudos